Blog Archive

Friday, September 27, 2013

Looking Ahead!

Whew! Has it really been nearly 10 days since I've last posted?!!

Sorry to keep anyone waiting. In the zwischenzeit I've been photographing parties, searching wildly for an apartment, burning mix CDs, and ironing my dirndl...

That's right! Oktoberfest has officially begun! And while this is not the Oktoberfest post, I am still making my way toward writing it! I'm going on Saturday to photograph and observe... and maybe ride some rides and have a beer... ;) (that counts as observing, right?)

Besides that, the weather has settled (except for today) into this kind-of perfect, balmy autumn glow. It's warm, but cool enough to wear a sharp sweater- I actually like it.

So what's working like? Well, mostly I love my photographing job (except for when I get shy! It really does happen!). It's a lot of fun, I get to meet a lot of new people, and it's pretty simple. As for tours, I finally finished my "tour test" earlier in the week, and hopefully I'll start to officially give tours very very soon!

I'm also trying to set some plans in stone to visit my hometown in America, after the winter season kind-of drops off (like after new year's). Hello, my Americans!!

Other than that, I'm officially moving on Monday! Every time I leave a place, I always feel like I'm leaving something behind, like another part of my life is over. I mean, you could look at anything that way (like the passing of a single minute- 'oh man look, another one bites the dust...'), but somehow leaving a house or an apartment is much more solid. You can't ignore the fact that there will be no more memories made in this place you once called home (I'm a sap, I know). So while I'm a little sad to leave the place I've laid my head since January, I'm excited for the opening of a new chapter! And that's what life is all about, isn't it?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Music for the Morning: Love is Blindness by Jack White

No comments:

Post a Comment