Blog Archive

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Writin'

Love is in the air... wait, that's the smell of Glühwein! Which is almost the same thing, right? Especially for single people like me ;)

Glühwein is one of coolest things ever. It's a hot mulled wine, mixed with delicious spices and it's the perfect winter drink. In Munich, there is more than just the red wine kind. There's also a white one, and when I was in Nuremberg yesterday, I tried their traditional Glühwein made of blueberries! Delicious. It's a typical thing to have at christmas markets anywhere in Germany, and I love it! I love the markets too. In Munich there's a huge one right in the main town square (Marienplatz) but there's also other smaller ones all across the city center, in any little square they can manage to squeeze one into.

Nuremberg- I went there yesterday (as I said) to see a concert of a band I always really liked but had never seen live. It had been a long time since I had been to that kind of concert, so it kind of threw me back in my pre-teen punk rock years. I used to be a little rocker chick. I was really excited to because Nuremberg is one of my favorite cities in the whole world, and because right now Europe's most famous christmas market is happening there! So of course I had to pay a visit, try the Glühwein and have a Nürnberger sandwich (3 breakfast sausage links on a roll). Yum!

The band I went to see is called Silverstein and they're from Canada. They gave a really good show yesterday! I'm really happy to finally have seen them (the more you read my blog here, the more you will find what a vast range of music I enjoy). What I really liked about the concert was discovering a band I'd never heard of, Dream On Dreamer from Melbourne, Australia! They were so cool.

Anyway, everything in my life is just same old story at the moment. Lots of work, lots of music, lots of writing. I've been trying to sit down every morning and every evening and write a few lyrics (if I can). So far I'm getting pretty excited about all of it!

Well as the year draws closer to its end, I am thinking more and more about how the year has been. Usually I do this really corny thing and write a summary of my year, just highlighting the main events of each month. For example, last January my family came to visit and we moved into a new apartment. In June I travelled nearly all of Germany. In September I started my job as photographer (can you believe how much time has passed since then already?!).

One more thing, I just want to say thank you to all of you who read this. I am already way over a thousand views on this page (although I think I could be at more if I would write more often)! So thanks. Keep reading and I'll keep writing ;)

'Til next time
India

Song of the Day: Something by The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment