Blog Archive

Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Dance Must Go On

Spring has sprung and we are happy. Unfortunately I didn't finish learning Alejandro yet, but I made good progress and I'm excited to keep going. The weather in Innsbruck is so gorgeous. It's getting really hot and sticky and warm rainy. Everything springtime ought to be- and I am enchanted. And everything is on the up and up- there's a really good energy in the air! Things are changing for the fantastic. I can't wait to see what summer will bring. Plus I'm turning 19 in just over 4 weeks! It's my last year of being a teenager (thank goodness, haha). The main reason is most of my friends are at least 5-6 years older than me. I don't really feel 18 at all. And I never fit in with kids in my age group. It's just not my world at all. Whenever someone asks me how old I am, I always tell them to guess. The top guess is 22! The oldest I ever heard was 25, and that was really funny. 

Anyway, my week so far has been okay. On Tuesday I ran to the grocery store to get stuff to bake a cake, I was in a hurry so I took the skateboard. I haven't skateboarded in something like 3 or 4 years. And I fell. And I sprained my left foot. I really wonder how many times I've written in this blog that I fell down somewhere or dropped something. I really need to be more poised! Anyway, at first it only hurt a little and I figured nothing was wrong, so I kept skateboarding and walking. Then I went home, baked the cake (at this point I realized I couldn't walk anymore), and when I finished the pain really set in and I cried like I don't know what!
Then something amazing happened. Yesterday was also not possible to walk and it hurt, but today when I woke up nearly all the pain was gone and I can walk already (limping)! At this rate, I can dance again by next week! It's a miracle. I can't express how happy and amazed I am at how fast my foot is healing. The dance must go on!

Yesterday I went to the studio to fix some things, and I started the new recording of my latest song. I am really excited for this one. On Sunday night I watched the Sorcerer's Apprentice- I sat on the filming set with Nicolas Cage and Jon Turteltaub for this 5 years ago in New York. Suddenly after I finished the movie, a beat came to mind and words and melody and everything! True inspiration. This song is about how it really feels to be in love. I remembered the first time I did fall in love, which wasn't even a year ago. I didn't know if I was sick or there was something really wrong with me! And that's how they say it is, right? Well this song is about what it's like. I can't wait to record it and release it!!! (Will take a while, but it'll be worth it) ;)

Anyway, I'm busy singing away, writing, planning, imagining the future. Life is so unbelievable!

Love love love,
India :)

Music Tonight: Untouched by The Veronica's

No comments:

Post a Comment