Blog Archive

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Am Meer (by the sea)

So far, La Palma is fantastic! It's beautiful here, the food is great and cheap, the sun shines and I can hear the ocean from our hotel room! On January 1st we went sailing from Tenerife Island and we saw dolphins! That was incredible. I had never been on a sailboat before but always wanted to, so it was really cool. That night though we took a ferry to La Palma island, where we've been ever since. On Thursday (2. January) we hung out at the black sand beach in the small port town we're staying in, Puerto Naos. 

The Canary Islands are pretty cool because they remind me of Hawaii; they were formed out of volcanoes, there's a huge variety of flora and fauna, and the best part: there are few frangipani (plumeria) trees! Those are the best smelling flowers I know. Anyway, on Friday we went to a special boulder beach where you can actually go surfing. That night we went to a really great unknown restaurant and just ordered a menu of the typical food of the area, and it was so good. I don't know what made it so good, it just was! 

On Saturday we visited a national park in the mountains where they have an observatory and we went on a walk through there, but then we visited some land in the area where there was a small farm with horses and chickens and it was pretty cool- one of our friends said it might even be possible to ride the horses! Ahhhh! Sunday was just been another chill-out day, laying on the beach and turning brown. Sunday was actually the first day I went in the water (and got tossed by the huge shorebreak about a million times), getting tons of black sand in my hair and bathing suit. Man, I love the Atlantic but I don't know if it loves me!

I do have a pretty big and exciting announcement, however!

Everything's changing! I'm moving again! This time to a new country- to Austria! Okay, it's not as big of a deal as I make it seem- I'll only be 90 minutes away from Munich, but still... I'm thrilled! The town is called Innsbruck, well-known mostly because it's a huge winter sports destination- deep in the Austrian alps. It's a beautiful spot and I'm so excited to start a new adventure there! For now I'm networking there (which is going to be awesome), working hard, hey who knows? I might even sing in a few clubs! If you can't tell I'm excited, then you haven't been reading ;)
 Austria, are you ready for me?!

More news when it's more exciting!

Music for the morning: Only the Young by Brandon Flowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment