Blog Archive

Monday, April 14, 2014

Wanderlust

Ahhh! I can't believe how the time has flown since last post. A whole month already! Well needless to say, I've been incredibly busy- I've got plans up, down, inside-out and backwards! Also needless to say, a lot has changed in the past month. Ah the life of an 18-year-old.

About three weeks ago, I had the privilege of meeting a music producer who was interested in working with me. Now I'm making music! I went to the studio for the first time two weeks ago and recorded a song I started writing last fall. I'm really excited about it! As soon as it's finished and ready to be released, of course I'll be sharing it. I don't want to give too much away, I'll just tell you guys it's about a relationship I experienced. On Saturday another song came to me (I just started writing and it kind of took off), and this one is going to be even better. It's about the time I spent in La Palma in January with my friends. That time had a huge influence on my life now and of course I miss that beautiful place. I've been listening to Spanish music like crazy lately (like Obsesion by Aventura).

I'm heading into the studio again on Wednesday to put the finishing touches on my own work and start recording a few new things. Some of these songs are so much fun, some are difficult to sing, but the creative process of making music is so much fun. It all makes sense to me. When we're creating the tracks, I know exactly what I want and which sound should go where. Music is one thing that I really just get.

I've made some new friends, and last Friday I performed at an open mic night here in town. Eight of my own friends came to see me, and it was a lot of fun! I love performing. I don't know if open mic night is exactly 'India-Style' but it was really cool anyway. I sang Untogether by Belly (a band whose hey-day was in the 90s but no one's heard of now), I Will by the Beatles, More Than Words by Extreme (the all-time classic), and Nothing Else Matters by Metallica (this was my absolute favorite to perform).

Besides the studio this week, my colleagues have planned a huge seminar event on Thursday here in Innsbruck. It's an all-day affair with a life coach from Cologne, Alexander Vitocco. I'm excited for this! I love life-coaching and that kind of thing. In the end, all I want is to help people too. Hopefully I can achieve that through my music.

On Friday and Saturday I'll heading up to Munich to work a few tours again. And next week it's all music again!

Lately, I've been dreaming of traveling the world again (as if I ever stopped). I want to go to Hong Kong and South America. I want to see everything! There are so many beautiful places on this earth... I feel lucky to have seen the minor fraction that I have, but all I can think is about the unknown. I want to go on an adventure! It's something we call 'wanderlust' (also a fairly well-known term in the anglophone world, thanks to Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd).

Anyway, that's my life in a nutshell at the moment. Anyone wanna take me far, far away?

I promise I'll write again in a couple of days!
Love
India

Song for the day: Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz (I love how this song feels!)

No comments:

Post a Comment