Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Coincidence?

I don't believe in coincidence at all. Now I don't believe in fate either, but I believe everyone is responsible for both what happens around them, and what they cause. I mean think about it, why do we have all of these expressions about "karma," "what goes around comes around," and the "golden rule?" 

Because in some way or another, they're all trying to tell one truth- your output (things that "happen" to you) will mirror your input (messages, thoughts, and actions you release) 100% of the time. So if you don't like something in your life, put up or shut up- do something to fix it or stop complaining!

I'm on a kick at the moment. I started reading The Success Principles by Jack Canfield today, and I've always admired Jack. His style of writing, his life philosophy, and his energy all seem to jive with mine. This book is a cool deal- already in the first chapter he starts with "take responsibility for your life!" While I completely accept that everything that "happens" to me is basically controlled by my choice, I also had a realization that sadly some dear people around me are causing themselves pain and suffering simply by not taking responsibility for little things like attitude, response to situations, and mental stamina. While dealing with people who don't give 100% is both hard and heart-breaking, there are a few ways to deal with stuff like this.

a) either you can control what's happening with the other people or things directly (so fix it!)

or

b) you can't control other circumstances (people and situations), but you can control your response to them, and find a solution!

Frankly, I don't think there's ever a good reason to complain. I'm starting a campaign to stop the complain (haha that actually sounds like a good motto) and today is my last day. Whatever I complained about today, whoever I blamed for my bad mood, why I dropped the dish on the floor... it's over. Complaining is dumb and cowardly. Either you do something about the scheiße in your life, or you deal with it. 

So join me, friends, in taking responsibility from this moment forward for everything in your life! If you don't like something, change it! Yes, maybe I sound extremely hard right now, but this is what "getting ahead," giving 100%, and making something of your life is all about. And I'm done with the excuses. Excuses are all illusion, what everything comes down to is your willpower and your demand for greatness in yourself.

I don't claim in myself perfection, and I understand I also have many miles to go. The mirror can tell me some nasty things sometimes. But when I don't accomplish something, I have no one to point to but myself. And that's the story of life. I could have stood up for myself in high school. I could have changed schools altogether. I could have saved my money instead of buying myself Manolo's. Whatever it was, it was always, always, always up to me!

Join the campaign to stop the complain! Put an end to victimitis and start living a proactive, healthful, extraordinary life!
Yeah it all sounds so great and wonderful, and wow it seems like I have it easy, galavanting around to all these countries and doing all these things. But is all of this a coincidence? I think not! As I wrote in an earlier post, I always dreamed of living in the mountains. I held on to that vision and dream. I always wanted to travel the world too. I think I did myself a favor by not really talking about these dreams (so no one could really tell me it wasn't possible), and the people who did know either said nothing or said, just do it! And here I am. I don't make vague wishes, I make decisions. Decisions will take you to your destination. Wishes are as said, just vague. So no, it's not completely easy obviously, my life isn't absolutely amazing, but I have controlled everything 'til now. Everything I've done and had was all planned. So what about you? What's your plan? Because I guarantee you, you'll have everything you want if you stop the excuses and start making the plans.

That's my little spiel for now ;)  and I know, not everyone's gonna go for what I just wrote, but for you, yes you who does, well, you're gonna have an amazing ride. Life is a paradise.

Much love and adoration
India

Music for the morning: Don't Wait by Dashboard Confessional

1 comment:

  1. Great message India. It's about being what you want to see, which in turn, makes what you want to see, be :P

    ReplyDelete